First Posted: 6/15/2009
– A stolen car was reported to police Friday. The silver 1999 Mitsubishi Galant owned by Jessica Louise Kirby of Granite Road apparently was taken between June 4 and last Thursday from a residence on Rockford Street. It is valued at $2,000. The case remains open for further investigation.
– A Pinnacle man was arrested Friday on a felony worthless check violation which had been issued in June 2006 during a traffic stop of a vehicle he was a passenger in on Newsome Street. A records check revealed the outstanding charge against Styfon Baxter Barr, 47, of 2032 Bud Tilley Road; it had been filed by the Surry County Sheriffs Office. Barr is free on a written promise to appear in court on an unspecified date.
– Johnita Money Wiles, a resident of Hays in Wilkes County, reported Friday that her wallet was stolen from a dressing room at Belk Department Store in Mayberry Mall. It contained $287 in cash, a $500 check, a $75 gift card, an ATM card and a Wachovia employee ID card. The case remains open for further investigation.
– Wendy Michelle Foley told police on June 6 that items were stolen from her Rockford Street apartment, including a Compaq computer and monitor, an Embarq computer modem, computer speakers and a window air conditioner, after someone kicked in a door. The property is valued altogether at $635 and the case remains open for further investigation.
– Several credit cards and $200 in cash were reported stolen on June 6 from Maria Del Carmen Salazar Gonzalez of Lynnewood Drive. The property was taken from her 1999 Lincoln Navigator at Westwood Park after someone used a rock to break a window. The case remains open for further investigation.
– Shawn Adam Willard of Monroe Road reported on June 5 that $85 was stolen from his wallet at Kmart in Mayberry Mall. The case remains open for further investigation.
– Leigh Ann Schmicker, a Brown Road resident, reported a case of financial transaction card fraud earlier this month. Schmicker told police that she had discovered an unauthorized purchase for $25 worth of gasoline was made on her Shell charge card that was stolen in May. The incident was still under investigation at last report.