First Posted: 10/22/2009
Submissions to the Church Calendar need to be in writing and arrive or be brought in to The Mount Airy News office before 5 p.m. Tuesday in order to be published in Fridays issue. Be sure to include the full name and address of the church; the time, day and date of the event; and a contact phone number in case our staff has any questions. Information may be mailed to: The Mount Airy News, 319 N. Renfro St., Mount Airy, NC 27030; faxed to 789-2816; or e-mailed to [email protected]
Benefits and Fundraisers
– Longaberger Basket Bingo will be held today at St. Paul School in Cana, Va. Doors will open at 6 p.m. and bingo will start at 7 p.m. All proceeds will go to Mount Airy Pentecostal Holiness Church missions department. Food will be available.
– Faith Tabernacle will have a yard sale Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. until.
– An all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast will be held Saturday from 7 a.m. to noon at Mount Airy First Pentecostal Holiness Church. Proceeds go to Falcox Childrens Home. The cost is $5 per plate.
– Friendly Tabernacle will be having a community yard sale and pancake breakfast Saturday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. All types of items will be sold. Breakfast will be sold in the fellowship hall.
– The youth of First Samuels Grove PPB Church will be sponsoring a chicken and fish plate sale on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. at the home of Priscilla Allen, Wards Gap Road.
– A harvest sale will be held on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Lambsburg Baptist Church. A big country breakfast will be served from 8 to 11 a.m. with bacon, sausage, eggs, apples, gravy, biscuits, baked goods, snacks, drinks, canned goods and craft items. Proceeds go to womens group projects.
– The Peoples Church presents Frightmare on Oct. 28, 30 and 31 and Nov. 1 from 7 p.m. until. Bring a can of food for the food pantry. On Halloween night, there will be free hot dogs and candy for the kids. For more information, call Gene Brinkley at 351-4487 or 789-1555.
– Franklin Heights UMW will be having a yard and bake sale on Oct. 31 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. There will be a variety of clothing and other items for sale. Proceeds will go to the church.
– Blue Ridge Baptist Church Heart Sisters will be holding a country breakfast and yard sale benefit for Michele Spencer Felts, cancer patient, on Oct. 31 from 6 a.m. to noon at the Beulah Ruritan Building. On the menu is gravy, two eggs, bacon or sausage and two biscuits, bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, bacon and egg biscuit, sausage biscuit, bacon biscuit, gravy and one biscuit, bowl of apples, canned drinks and coffee.
– Calvary Baptist Church will be hosting a fall festival on Oct. 31 beginning at 3 p.m. featuring games, prizes, candy, sandwiches, desserts, puppet show, pumpkin decorating contest, mens chili cook off and womens and kids dessert bake off. Costumes are optional. Dress as your favorite Bible character, Noahs Ark animal or cultural dress from a foreign country. Bring can food for the local food pantry.
– The John Walker Sunday School Class at Grace Moravian Church will have its annual yard sale on Nov. 7 from 6 a.m. to noon in the church fellowship hall. Baked goods, sausage biscuits, jelly biscuits, coffee and juice will be sold along with a variety of yard sale items. Proceeds go to Margaret Leonard Scholarship Fund and community projects.
– First UMC of Pilot Mountain is having its second annual dinner theater on Nov. 14 at 6 p.m. and Nov. 15 at 1 p.m. featuring Pilot Mountains Got Talent. Tickets are $10 each or a table for seven is $70. On the menu is pork loin, baked potato, green beans, coleslaw, roll and dessert. All money raised will benefit summer youth mission trips. For more information or to buy tickets, call April Travis at 368-4548.
– Mallalieu-Jones United Methodist Church, 231 N. South St., Mount Airy, will be holding a fish-fry fundraiser. The cost is $4 for a fish sandwich and a drink. This fundraiser will be held every Friday.
– The Pastors Aid of Chestnut Ridge P.P. Baptist Church will be having Pastors Anniversary on Saturday and Sunday. Saturdays service will begin at 7 p.m. with a musical extravaganza by Bro. Leon Shuff. Elder Jeffrey Gravely will preach at the Sunday 11 a.m. service and the Rev. Nelson Staples Jr. and choir from Beckley, W.Va., will be guests at the 3 p.m. service. Dinner will be served at 2 p.m.
– Stony Knoll United Methodist Church will be having fall revival on Sunday through Tuesday at 7 p.m. The speaker will be Dr. Arnetta Beverly and special music will be performed each night. For more information, call 374-6860, 789-3841 or 783-7635.
– Mountain View PH Church will have revival services on Sunday through Wednesday. Sunday evenings service will begin at 6 p.m. and during the week services will begin at 7 p.m. The Rev. Roger Collins from Dry Fork will be the guest speaker.
– Copeland Baptist Church will have revival Sunday through next Friday at 7:30 p.m. The speaker will be the Rev. Keith Love, pastor of Woodville Baptist Church. The Rev. Joey Jessup and the congregation invite everyone to attend. A special singing will be performed nightly.
– Holly Grove True Gospel Baptist Church will have revival Monday through next Friday at 7 p.m. with the Rev. Dudd Spencer as the guest speaker. A special singing will be performed nightly. Pastor Jerry King and the congregation invited everyone to attend.
– Amazing Grace Non-Denominational Ministries, 446 W. Pine St., Mount Airy, will have its annual Harvest Celebration beginning Oct. 30 at 7 p.m. and ending Nov. 1. On Oct. 30, preaching will be lead by the Rev. Ervin Best, pastor of Beulah Baptist Church in Madison, accompanied by his choir. On Oct. 31, the Rev. Eric Helton of Friendship PPB Church in Ararat, Va., will preach, also accompanied by his choir. The Rev. Henry Banks of Ambassadors Cathedral in Winston-Salem, will render the message on Nov. 1 at 11 a.m. A feast and fellowship will follow the morning worship at 2:30 p.m. At 3:30 p.m., Elder Charlie Jenks, pastor of Miracle Temple Deliverance from Winston-Salem, will be preaching.
– Fairview, Pilot View and Shoals Baptist churches will hold All Together In One Place, a week-long revival, Nov. 1-6. Services will be held at Shoals Volunteer Fire Department beginning each night at 7 p.m. A special singing will be provided each night by the Shoals Community Choir. Child care will be provided for children up to second grade. For more information, call 325-2189.
– Grace Baptist Church will be having revival Nov. 2-6 at 7 p.m. with Bro. Tim Gammons. Family and friends day is Nov. 1. For more information, call Jerry Pardue at 374-2873 or email [email protected]
– Union Missionary Baptist Church will have revival Nov. 6, 7 and 8 at 7 p.m. each night with guest preacher the Rev. Sammy Taylor, pastor of Bethany Baptist Church. There will be a special singing each night with a different choir. For more information, call 366-2713.
– Salem United Methodist Church will be having dinner and a concert, featuring Bluegrace, Saturday. Dinner will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. including country fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and dessert. The concert will begin at 7 p.m. Donations will be accepted. Proceeds will go to the building fund.
– The St. James Male Chorus from Charlotte will be performing at Rock Hill Baptist Church in Ararat Sunday at 6 p.m.
– Zephyr Missionary Baptist Church, Poplar Spring Road, is having a special singing Sunday at 6 p.m. with Country Tyme Baptist Youth Choir.
– Union Hill Missionary Baptist Church will have The Melody Trio perform on Sunday at 11 a.m.
– Zephyr Missionary Baptist Church will be having a special singing on Nov. 1 at 6 p.m. The Union Hill Baptist Choir will be performing. For more information, contact Pastor J.T. Blevins.
– Blue Hollow Baptist Church will have fall revival on the farm of Wes Thompson in Ararat, Va. David Buster Sechrist will be the speaker. The revival will kick off on Nov. 1 at 4 p.m. with a covered-dish dinner. Monday through Wednesday, the revival will be held at 7 p.m. There will be a special nightly singing.
– Willow Hill Moravian Church will be having a trunk-or-treat event for all ages on Saturday from 4 p.m. until. There will be food, games and candy. For more information, call Adam Rudisill at 710-8205 or email [email protected]
– Cruise-in for Christ and Cruise-in of Honor will be honoring all veterans from the Vietnam War at Temple Baptist Church on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. with gospel groups Sugarloaf Mountain Band, Journey and Heartsong/Brown Family.
– The Covenants Players will do a drama play at Grace Moravian Church on Sunday at 6 p.m. in the fellowship hall. A love offering will be taken.
– The 107th annual session of Surry Baptist Association will be held at Haymore Memorial Baptist Church on Monday at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. A meal will be served from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
– Fellowship Baptist Church will be holding a trunk-or-treat on Oct. 28 after the service Wednesday evening that begins at 7 p.m.
– Piney Grove Baptist Church will be holding trunk-or-treat on Oct. 31 from 5 to 8 p.m.
– A Red Cross Blood Drive will be held at Grace Moravian Church on Oct. 31 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall. For more information or to make an appointment, call the church office at 786-5627.
– Kirk and Patti Lytle will present Lottie Moon, Daughter of Destiny at Mount Carmel Baptist Church on Nov. 1 at 11 a.m. For more information, call Dr. James Joseph, pastor, at (336) 749-2151.
– Haymore Baptist Church will be having wood carving for free. Bring a carving knife. The class is one hour and a six-week workshop starting on Oct. 28. The workshop will be held on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. For more information or to reserve a spot, call 786-7435.
– Come create crafts for the Christmas season at Haymore Baptist Church. Make Christmas snowflakes, Chrismon angels, sequined ornaments, Chrismon cross and a Christmas tree. The workshop lasts for five weeks and will be held on Wednesdays starting on Oct. 28 at 6:30 p.m. The cost is $15 per person. For more information or to reserve a spot, call 786-7435.