First Posted: 8/27/2009
– The Mount Airy Police Department is investigating the theft of mowing equipment valued at more than $7,500 from a city residence. A trailer containing the equipment was discovered missing Monday from the home of Allan Ray Scott Jr. on Fairview Avenue.
Stolen were a Troy-Bilt zero-turn lawn mower valued at $5,600, along with a Troy-Bilt push mower, backpack blower, weedeater, pole saw attachment, hedge trimmer, cultivator and an edger, in addition to gasoline.
– Christopher Timothy Williams, 35, of 154 Dusty Lane, was served Wednesday with warrants on two felony drug charges that had been issued in April 2007: sell or delivery of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a Schedule II controlled substance. Williams, who turned himself in at the police station, was released under a $5,000 unsecured bond and is to appear in Surry District Court on Sept. 23.
– Alan Harvey Wardle of Pine Knoll Drive told police Wednesday that an unknown individual had bought items through the mail from him using a counterfeit check, the value of which was not listed. The case remains open for further investigation.
– An assault was reported Tuesday in the parking lot of WilcoHess on N.C. 89. The victim, Overton Joseph Bennett II, who lives on Crosswinds Court, was knocked unconscious by an unknown Hispanic male who struck him in the face with his fist, according to police records. The incident is under investigation.
– Police learned Tuesday that an unknown individual had used a stolen VISA debit card to buy merchandise valued at $53 last week at Dollar General on Rockford Street. The victim is Deann Bruner Bullin, who resides on Mark Street. The case remains open for further investigation.
– Jennifer Sue Beckelheimer, 45, of 303 New Crosswinds Drive, was cited for larceny Tuesday after allegedly concealing steaks valued at $26 at Wal-Mart and leaving the store without paying. No court date was listed.