Fire Forces Family From Home


First Posted: 12/22/2008

Fire fighters responded to a blaze at a house on Sunday at 310 Miller Road.
The call to 911 came in around 2:30 p.m. Franklin, Cana and Pine Ridge volunteer fire departments responded, along with Mount Airy Rescue Squad. When they arrived, the residents of the home had evacuated the building and were unhurt.
The blaze spread through the left front of the house, taking fire fighters about 15 minutes to contain. The cause of the fire, which was contained to a bedroom, was caused by an electric space heater in the room. Harold Hooker, chief of the Franklin Volunteer Fire Department, noted that wind gusts aided the flames in spreading.
When we got here we were unable to see anything. The smoke was in the road and there was zero visibility, he said. The wind did push the fire through the rest of the dwelling.
The Red Cross was expected to respond to aid the family.

comments powered by Disqus