By Tom Joyce
April 6, 2014
• A break-in involving a felonious larceny occurred Thursday at U.S. Cellular on South Andy Griffith Parkway, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. A rock was used to break a glass door and gain entry, with an unknown amount of electronic devices stolen. The damage was put at $250.
• Denise Leanne Cain, 35, of 149 Badgett Ave., is facing violations of driving while impaired and driving left of center as a result of a motor vehicle crash Wednesday on West Pine Street at Independence Boulevard. Cain is free on a written promise to appear in Surry District Court on April 16.
• A breaking and entering occurred Wednesday at a Mount Airy Housing Authority residence on Marshall Street. It involved someone taking four keys, valued at $32, from a mailbox, and then entering the residence.
• Bryson Garrett Moore, 23, of 195 Woodbridge Drive, was served with warrants Wednesday on charges of assault with a deadly weapon and communicating threats, which had been filed earlier in the week with Charity Faith Moore, a Rockford Street resident, as the victim. Bryson Garrett Moore was held in the Surry County Jail, according to police records, which list no bond information. He is scheduled to be in District Court on April 25.
• A break-in occurred Monday at the home of Foy McPeak on Greenhill Road, where an undisclosed sum of currency was stolen.
• The John David Cook residence on Wilson Street was the scene of a break-in last Sunday which resulted in the theft of miscellaneous change, with no loss figure listed. A door glass was broken to gain entry.
• A larceny occurred on March 27 at the Goodwill store on Rockford Street, where an undisclosed sum of money was removed from the wallet of Pamela Jean Willard of Old U.S. 52-South.