By Tom Joyce
August 20, 2014
• A traffic stop late Sunday led to a Mount Airy man being served with an outstanding felony warrant for possession of stolen property, according to city police department reports. Tommy Dean McMillian Jr., 21, of 171 Pottery Trail, was arrested on West Lebanon Street near Hickory Street after the traffic stop triggered by no taillights, during which McMillian was encountered as a passenger.
He was found to be wanted on the stolen property charge and for driving while license revoked by Surry County authorities and also served with a warrant for no motorcycle endorsement. Marijuana allegedly was found in McMillian’s left sock during processing after his arrest, leading to an additional violation of possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance. He was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $5,000 secured bond and is to appear in District Court on Oct. 30.
• Police were told Monday that merchandise valued at more than $150 — including Gillette razor products and packages of Prilosec over-the-counter medication — had been taken Saturday from Food Lion on West Pine Street by an unknown suspect.
• Two Duralast car batteries with a total value of $350 were discovered missing Monday from Granite City Cabs on South Main Street after the building was entered.
• Alisha Irene Davis, 25, of 116 Atkins Lane, Siloam, was cited for larceny Monday at Walmart, where she allegedly took unspecified merchandise that subsequently was recovered and returned to the store. Davis is to be in Surry District Court on Sept. 24.
• Ricky Mitchell Sheets, 28, of 611 E. Haymore St., is facing a second-degree trespassing offense that was filed Monday at the Four Brothers convenience store at Holly Springs, where he previously was banned on Aug. 8 in the presence of an officer. Sheets is free on a $500 unsecured bond, with Sept. 30 his court date.
• Brandy Rachelle Bledsoe, 31, of 928 N. North St., was arrested Friday on multiple offenses including shoplifting, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. Bledsoe allegedly concealed various cosmetics and clothing valued at $57 at Family Dollar on U.S. 52-South and also was found in possession of alprazolam and methadone. She was jailed under a $3,000 secured bond and slated for a Sept. 25 appearance in Surry District Court.
• Offenses of driving while impaired and careless and reckless driving were issued against James Ervin Anderson, 39, of 611 E. Haymore St., after a traffic crash Thursday on Rockford Street near U.S. 52. Anderson is free on a written promise to appear in court on Aug. 25.