Submissions to the church calendar should be sent to [email protected] before 5 p.m. on Tuesday before the event should appear in the newspaper. Be sure to include the full name and address of the event; the time, day and date of the event; and a contact phone number in case our staff has any questions.
Upcoming Events, Special Service
• Dan Stone Memorial Pancake Breakfast rescheduled due to snow. Boy Scouts of America, Troop 545. First United Methodist Church, 202 S. Stephens St., Pilot Mountain, from 6 — 11 a.m. Donations fund BSA Troop 545. For additional information, contact Troop 545 committee member Chet Jessup at 336-374-5409.
• Free community meal at Salem United Methodist Church, 2591 Wards Gap Road, Mount Airy, from 5 – 6 p.m. Contact Linda Thompson at 276-251-8128. Menu: Homemade soups, sandwiches, desserts and beverage. All are welcome.
• Spring Revival at Mountain View Pentecostal Holiness Church, 497 Hatchers Chapel Road, Claudville, VA. Pastor: Rev. Tony Goins 336-469-8800. Rev. Cliff West of Richmond, VA, will be guest speaker. Sunday — 10 a.m. Sunday school, 11 a.m. morning worship, 6 p.m. evening worship. Monday-Wednesday at 7 p.m. Great fellowship, preaching and singing featuring our District Camp Meeting Choir and special singing nightly.
• Mount Airy Ministerial Association 2017 Lenten services. Grace Moravian Church, 1401 N Main St, Mount Airy, hosts this year. Service from 12 noon until 1 p.m. with meal provided. This week’s speaker is Dr. Darrell Tate of Highland Park Baptist Church. Lenten services continue every Wednesday at the same time until April 12.
• Highland Park Baptist Church Brotherhood is sponsoring a Pancake Supper Fundraiser from 5 – 8 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at the Church, 1247 Park Drive, Mount Airy. Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for children 12 and under. Funds from this event will go to support future Brotherhood mission projects.
• Benefit Breakfast at Mountain View Baptist Church fellowship hall, Lowgap, from 7-10 a.m. Biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit cups and coffee. Donations only. Proceeds to assist Lawrence Lowe with medical and funeral expenses. For more info, call 336-352-4680.
• Hot Dog Lunch and Auction, Benefit for Randy Allen who has a recent diagnosis of lung cancer from 12 — 4 p.m. at Firehouse Ministries, 840 Fowler Road, Mount Airy. 50/50 drawing. Hot dogs being served 12 — 4 p.m. Live auction starts at 2 p.m. For more information contact Vicky Allen 336-710-8923 or Adina Hawks 336-429-0659.
• Mount Airy Ministerial Association 2017 Lenten services. Grace Moravian Church, 1401 N Main St, Mount Airy, hosts this year. Service from 12 noon until 1 p.m. with meal provided. This week’s speaker is Rev. Eric Smith of Bannertown Wesleyan Church. Lenten services continue every Wednesday at the same time until April 12.
•Revival — Four nights, Four churches at 7 p.m. each night. Saturday, March 25 at Pauls Creek Baptist Church, Cana, VA. Speaker: Dwight Sechrist. Sunday, March 26 at Fancy Gap Baptist Church, Mount Airy. Speaker: Justin McCreary. Monday, March 27 at Lambsburg Baptist Church, Lambsburg, VA Speaker: Johnny Easter. Tuesday March 28 at Light House Community Church, Mount Airy. Speaker: Israel Easter.
• Mount Airy Ministerial Association 2017 Lenten services. Grace Moravian Church, 1401 N Main St, Mount Airy, hosts this year. Service from 12 noon until 1 p.m. with meal provided. This week’s speaker is Father Larry Heiney of Holy Angels Catholic Church. Lenten services continue every Wednesday at the same time until April 12.
• Mount Airy Ministerial Association 2017 Lenten services. Grace Moravian Church, 1401 N Main St, Mount Airy, hosts this year. Service from 12 noon until 1 p.m. with meal provided. This week’s speaker is Rev. Austin Caviness of Salem Fork Christian Church. Lenten services continue every Wednesday at the same time until April 12.
• Sabika and Lula Roe Bingo to benefit Believers Baptist Church building fund., at Ararat Ruritan Building, Ararat, VA. Doors open 6 p.m. Game starts 7 p.m. Bonus game — Seductive London choker. Raffle $350 Lowes Hardware card. $30 packs -2 bonus cards and 10 prize tickets. $25 packs – either 2 bonus cards or 10 prize tickets. Buy bingo packs in advance and save $2. Call 336-325-9466. Concessions available. Silent auction.
• Mount Airy Ministerial Association 2017 WednesdayLenten services conclude. Grace Moravian Church, 1401 N Main St, Mount Airy, hosts this year. Service from 12 noon until 1 p.m. with meal provided. This week’s speaker is retired Southern Baptist pastor, D. M. Dalton.
• Mount Airy Ministerial Association wraps up 2017 Lenten services with Good Friday service on the “Seven Last Words,” at Central United Methodist Church, 1909 N Main St, Mount Airy. Service from 12 noon until 3 p.m.
• Awana returns to Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church, 922 Banner Street, on Wednesday evenings from 6:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. Study God’s word and learn Bible verses. Van will run at 6:15 p.m. each evening. Leace a message at the church to arrange transportation. 336-789-5395. Groups range from 2-18 years of age.
• Support Group for Caregivers every Tuesday morning from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. at Cornerstone Baptist Church – Fellowship Hall, 116 S. Reeves Mill Road, Mount Airy. Come out and join us for a time of prayer and fellowship.
• Pilot Peace Alanon Family Group meet on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at First Methodist Church in Pilot Mountain.
• Granite City Alanon Family Group meet on Sunday and Thursday at 8 p.m. at Central United Methodist Church.
• Central United Methodist Church and the Mission and Outreach committee sponsors a Christian support group for sufferers of chronic disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia and other auto-immune diseases on the third Wednesday of each month from 2-3 p.m. Meeting is in the church library at 1909 N. Main St., Mount Airy. There will be guest speakers and at times, light exercise. Find therapeutic benefit from sharing with others. Everything shared at the support group is confidential.
• White Plains Friends Meeting, Old Highway 601, will have its weekly AWANA program Wednesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through eighth grade. Dinner will be provided. For more information, call the church office and leave a message at 789-1671.
• Marantha will be providing free meals Friday nights at 512 W. Pine St., Mount Airy.
• Mount Airy Wesleyan Church has a prayer meeting open to the community on Thursdays at 10 a.m. in the fellowship hall. The primary purpose is to pray for the nation, state, county, churches and pastors.
• Antioch Baptist Church, 137 Antioch Ave., Mount Airy, is hosting free English classes on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Childcare is provided during the class. For more information, call 789-2057 weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon or email [email protected]
• The Lions Den Christian Coffeehouse, 162A W. Pine St., is a donations-only coffeehouse open Tuesday through Friday from 4 to 8 or 9 p.m. The location offers wifi connection, and contemporary Christian bands on Fridays when available. Also it is the home of Safehouse Ministries meetings Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. and Sundays at 10 a.m. For more information, call the Rev. Gary Gossett at 710-7075.
• New MOMS (Mothers of Many Seasons) Ministry, open to area ladies and their children, meets the first and third Thursdays monthly from 9 to 11 a.m. at Salem Baptist Church, 430 Rockford Road, Dobson. For more information, contact [email protected] or 374-4419.
• Compassion Circle Outreach Ministry, a circle of friends offering love, hope, faithful-spiritual guidance from a Christian outlook, has meetings the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at the L.H. Jones Family Resource Center, 214 Jones School Road, Mount Airy. For more information, call 336-406-5540. This group is sponsored by Caring Citizens of the Community.
• King’s Kids will have fun, learning scripture and crafts every Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Fellowship Baptist Church. There will be classes for all ages, children through adults. For more information, call the church at 374-3250.
• Reformers Unanimous Addiction Recovery program will begin weekly sessions at Temple Baptist Church, 3615 Rockford St., Mount Airy. Anyone with an addiction, stubborn habit or hangup is encouraged to attend. Childcare is provided and refreshments will be served. Meetings will be held every Friday from 7 to 9 p.m. and there is no charge. For more information, call John Pulliam at 336-926-2293.
• The Pilot View UMC at 659 Pilot Church Road in Pinnacle has a Bible meeting every Wednesday at 10 a.m.
• The Pilot View UMC at 659 Pilot Church Road in Pinnacle has a fellowship meal every third Sunday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
• The First Baptist Church Feeding Friends Soup Kitchen provides a free hot meal to families and friends in need every Thursday from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The church is between Elm and Galloway streets at 714 N. Main St. Parking is available behind First Baptist off Arch Street. The feeding friends dinner is served in the fellowship hall in the building closest to downtown, with signs available to guide visitors.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15 p.m. radio station 880 am will have radio ministry with Pastor Danny Poindexter from the Lighthouse Baptist Church.
• The Fountain Food Ministry hours have changed. Families in need of clothing or food may come every Thursday from 1 to 3 p.m. The ministry will be open weekly on Thursdays to assist those in need of food. In case of an emergency at any other times, call the church office at 789-0400 for an appointment.
• Bible Study — Love in Action Ministries Community Bible study at the Fountain of Life Church, 154 Cornerstone Lane, Mount Airy, every Tuesday at 7 p.m. Sunday morning services at 10:30 a.m. in the Fountain of Life Family Resource Center with Pastor George Hiett. Call 336-407-4907 for more information.
• Imogene Baptist Church will hold a Community Meal every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. Free to all. For more information, call 401-2010. Everyone is welcome to the “Church under the Crimson Roof.”
• Imogene Baptist Church will hold a Soup Kitchen Mondays through Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free to all. For more information, call 401-2010.
•Redemption Gospel Mission, located on Westfield Road at the corner of Reeesmill Road, offers a free lunch daily from noon to 3 p.m. Services are given at 11 a.m. on Sundays, 5 p.m. on Sundays, and at 6 p.m. on Thursdays. Sunday School Services are given at 10 a.m. on Sundays. For more information, call Bro. Benny Faw at 429-8712.
• The Ararat Missionary Baptist Church, 211 Jones School Road, in Mount Airy will hold a service in the cafeteria of the Jones Family Resource Center at 11 a.m. on the first and the third Sunday of every month. For more information, call Edward McDaniels at 789-3172 or at 710-9742 (cell).
• St. Andrew Lutheran Church Truck Ministry provides a free bag supper to those in need each Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the parking lot across from the Mount Airy post Office. Includes a sandwich, fruit, dessert, boiled egg, bottled water and at times, a cup of hot homemade soup.