• A crime involving the obtaining of property by false pretense has occurred at Walmart, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. It involved an unknown individual returning non-purchased items in exchange for a refund from the store last Wednesday, which resulted in a loss of $99.
• Amanda Lee Hill, 33, of 137 Welcome Baptist Church Road, was cited for larceny Wednesday after allegedly taking tool kits and saw blades valued at $142 from Walmart. Hill is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on June 8.
• A license plate, number WWL6254, was discovered missing Wednesday from a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt owned by Danny Lee Vaughn of Farmbrook Road. The theft, which was reported by Kimberly Vaughn, occurred while the vehicle was unattended in a parking area at Mayberry Mall.
• Casey Nicole Poindexter, 21, of 160 Lori Lane, was arrested at a Worth Street location on April 20 on two counts of resisting a public officer and an outstanding order for arrest on a probation violation, which had been issued on Jan. 5. Poindexter was encountered by police during a domestic dispute, and allegedly gave false information several times during the investigation. She was held in the Surry County Jail under a $14,000 secured bond and is to be in District Court on July 7.
• Miranda Garcia, 27, of 911 Banner St., was served with a criminal summons for cyberstalking on April 20, with Antonia Garcia Martinez of Allred Mill Road listed as the victim.
• Caitlin Irene Slate, 23, of 163 Miller Road, was arrested on a felony charge of attempting to obtain property by false pretense on April 19, in addition to larceny and possession of stolen property offenses. Arrest records indicate that Slate tried to obtain property at Food Lion on West Pine Street using two stolen checks from a Wells Fargo Bank account. She was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $2,000 secured bond and slated for a May 19 appearance in District Court.
• A couple was arrested on stolen property and narcotics charges at a location on Granite Road on April 19 during a break-in investigation. Erica Faith Wall, 23, of 221 Tony Holder Road, Lowgap, and Timothy Dwaine Wall, 36, of 1357 Linville Road in the Flat Rock community, are each charged with possession of stolen property and possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. Erica Faith Wall additionally was found to be wanted on two outstanding orders for arrest for failing to appear in court in both Forsyth and Surry counties, which were filed on Feb. 16 and April 19, respectively.
She was held in the Surry County Jail under a $6,300 secured bond and Timothy Dwaine Wall a $5,000 secured bond, with both to appear in District Court on July 7.
• The theft of a DeWalt five-piece tool kit valued at $579 was discovered on April 19 at Lowe’s Home Center on South Andy Griffith Parkway, where it is said to have been taken by an unknown suspect.
• David Allen Donaldson, 27, of 208 New St., was jailed after a traffic stop in the Granite Towne Centre shopping center on April 18 and he was found to be wanted on an outstanding order for arrest that had been issued on April 22, 2015 by Surry County authorities. During a search at the time he was arrested, methamphetamine, marijuana and paraphernalia allegedly were found, leading to possession charges, the one involving methamphetamine a felony. Donaldson was held in the county jail under a $1,000 secured bond and slated for a July 6 appearance in Surry District Court.