• A woman who allegedly stole merchandise worth hundreds of dollars from Belk Tuesday in Mayberry Mall was arrested on charges of larceny and concealment of goods, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. Suzanne Jacqueline Daughtry, 55, of 160 Jotish Drive, Pinnacle, allegedly took clothing items, sandals and two wallets valued altogether at $511. Daughtry also was the subject of a criminal summons for resisting a public officer, for which no details were listed. She was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $1,000 secured bond and is scheduled to appear in District Court on July 25.
• Also Tuesday, Michael Eugene Moore, 56, of 823 Oak Grove Church Road, was cited for larceny after allegedly walking out of Food Lion on South Andy Griffith Parkway with two packs of chicken valued at $12. Moore is to be in court on July 14.
• Librado Salmeron, 23, of 141 W. Church St., was arrested on Spring Street at Wilson Street Saturday and charged with driving while impaired after a motor vehicle crash. Salmeron also was cited for having no operator’s license and an open container of alcohol. He was released under a $5,000 unsecured bond and is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on Aug. 4.
• A larceny violation was issued last Thursday against Teresa Lynn Koehler Cecil, 44, of 109 Hickory St., after police encountered her during a disturbance at Walmart, where Cecil allegedly had concealed miscellaneous clothing items valued at $27 in her purse. The property was recovered and Cecil was held in the Surry County Jail under a $500 secured bond, with a July 6 court date set in the case.
• Brandon Lee Brindle, 29, of 2336 Siloam Road, was jailed under a $350 secured bond on June 8 after a traffic stop on Rockford Street led to him being arrested on an order for arrest for failing to appear in court, issued on May 20, and cited for displaying a fictitious tag and driving while license revoked. Brindle is scheduled to appear in District Court on Aug. 5.
• Kendra Leigh McBride, 24, of 145 Duluth Lane, Pilot Mountain, was served on June 7 with criminal summonses for charges of assault and first-degree trespassing which had been filed in the city on May 29 with Tasha Lindley, who resides at another location of Duluth Drive in Pinnacle, as the complainant. Further details were not given. McBride’s court date is July 1.
• Brian Edward Lee Berry, 26, of 157 Edwards Drive, was arrested at Walgreens on Rockford Street on June 6 on charges stemming from alleged crimes at that store and Dollar General on North Andy Griffith Parkway. Berry is accused of larceny, possession of stolen goods, shoplifting/concealment of merchandise, injury to personal property and resisting a public officer, in addition to being found to have an order for arrest out for him for failing to appear in court which had been issued on May 25.
He allegedly concealed a tool kit, cutter and towels at Walgreens and took triple antibiotic cream and a bottle of rubbing alcohol from Dollar General. Berry was held in the Surry County Jail under a $4,500 secured bond and slated for a July 12 District Court appearance.