• An LG G5 smartphone valued at $700 was stolen Sunday at a Mount Airy business, according to city police department reports. The cell phone, owned by Esau Roque of Granite Road and gray in color, was taken at the Speedway convenience store on Rockford Street.
• Jerry Wayne Blevins, 60, of East Bend, turned himself in at the city magistrate’s office Monday on a charge of possession of stolen firearms, which had been issued through the Surry County Sheriff’s Office in July 2015, with no other details given. Blevins is free on a $1,000 unsecured bond to appear in Surry District Court on July 13.
• Thomas Clinton Payne Jr., 26, of 210 Rawley Ave., and Sophia Nicole Cifuentes, 28, of 160 Calvary Drive, were each arrested Sunday on an outstanding warrant for a charge of possession of stolen goods/property after police encountered them on North Main Street near Independence Boulevard after a larceny call. The charges had been issued on June 2, with other details not given. Both were confined in the Surry County Jail under a $1,000 secured bond and are to be in District Court on July 19.
• A brother and sister from Lowgap turned themselves in last Friday on outstanding warrants for second-degree trespassing violations issued on May 26 against Wesley Arnold Barker, 47, and Janet Barker Burchette, 50, both of 228 Barker Hollow Lane.
Wesley Arnold Barker additionally is accused of communicating threats and Janet Barker Burchette with shoplifting/concealment of goods, with those offenses filed on May 9. Harold Southern of Smokey Trail, Lowgap, is listed as a complainant. Barker and Burchette are free on written promises to appear in District Court on July 1.
• A second-degree trespassing violation was filed against Shannon Renee Hamm, 34, of 1253 Brooklyn Ave., on June 9 at Walmart, after an encounter with store loss-prevention personnel. Hamm is to be in District Court next Wednesday.