• A Mount Airy man was jailed under a $20,000 secured bond after being arrested Sunday night on a felony probation violation and a larceny offense, which has been issued on March 8 and June 20, respectively. Randall Nathan Wall, 27, of 152 Paynetown Road, was encountered during a traffic stop on U.S. 52 at Bluemont Road. He is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court next Tuesday.
• Kelly Schvonne Snow, 43, of 118 W. Wilson St., No. 4, was arrested Sunday as a fugitive from justice after she was encountered in reference to a breaking and entering call on Wilson Street. Snow subsequently was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $5,000 secured bond for the fugitive from justice case, relating to an unspecified matter in Carroll County, Virginia. She is to be in District Court on Aug. 4.
• Bradley Dwight Waters, 52, of 219 Katie Lane, was charged with driving while impaired Friday on North Renfro Street near Independence Boulevard after a traffic crash. Waters, who was operating a 2013 Yamaha moped, was released under a $1,000 unsecured bond to appear in court on Aug. 22.
• The law office of Stevens and Brintle on Westfield Road was the scene of an attempted break-in that was discovered Friday. Two window screens had been cut, with the damage estimated at $150.
• Benjamin Jason Gates, 42, of 125 Hall St., was jailed Friday under a $5,000 secured bond on a charge of defrauding a drug/alcohol screening test, which led to him being placed into custody by a probation officer. Gates’ court date is July 5.
• Tiffany Romont Alfred, 27, of 309 Taylor St., was served Friday with outstanding criminal summonses on violations of injury to personal property and simple assault, with Aaron Weldon Phillips, 29, of the same address, as complainant. Alfred was encountered at Dollar General on North Renfro Street during a domestic/civil disturbance call and subsequently served with the summonses that had been issued on June 21.
Phillips had been served with an outstanding warrant for injury to personal property and an outstanding criminal summons for assault on a female on June 20, which had been issued the same day with Alfred as complainant. Phillips was released on a $5,000 unsecured bond to appear in Surry District Court on July 22, the same date as Alfred. Bond information was not specified for her.
• Robert Thomas Hobert Walker, 23, of 1308 Grove Lane, was arrested on June 21 at his residence on outstanding warrants for four counts of larceny and one count of possession of stolen goods/property, which had been filed on June 16, and injury to property and first-degree trespassing offenses issued on June 21. No details were listed for those offenses, with Walker held in the Surry County Jail under a $50,000 secured bond and slated for a Sept. 13 District Court appearance.
• Also on June 21, police learned that an iPhone 6 cell phone valued at $700 and a gray case, owned by Ricky James Boyd of Osborne Joyce Road in Pinnacle, had been stolen from a restroom at Lowe’s hardware.