DOBSON — Felony charges were dismissed against Mount Airy resident Wendy Kristen Odum the day after she was indicted by a Surry County Grand Jury.
Odum , 48, of Atkins Lane, Mount Airy, was charged with four counts of obtaining property by false pretense in November 2015 for allegedly removing a family member’s EBT card from the mailbox, activating and using it.
According to sheriff’s office reports, the family member had contacted the county social services fraud investigator, who assisted with the investigation.
The state dismissed all four counts in Superior Court on Tuesday, citing that Odum had paid restitution in full.
On August 1, the Grand Jury returned 91 true bills of indictment and continued nine cases.
True bills included:
• Alan Douglas Blackmon, 54, of Country Club Road, Mount Airy; indicted on a charge of obtaining property by false pretense and possession of a counterfeit instrument.
• Michael Lee Cadogan, 49, of Oak Grove Road, Elkin; larceny by employee.
• Ochoa Juan Fernando Castillo, 20, of Hickory Creek, Drive, Mount Airy; possession of a controlled substance on prison or jail premises.
• John Christopher Davis, 28, of Gregory Drive, Hamptonville; obtaining property by false pretense.
• John Timothy Deprisco Sr., 56, of Allred Mill Road, Mount Airy; habitual felon status.
• Richard Nichols Evans, 72, of Trade Lane, Dobson; felony worthless check.
• Crystal Sue Hodges, 34, Ayers Circle, Mount Airy; possession/distribution methamphetamine precursors, maintain a drug vehicle or dwelling, felony conspiracy and manufacturing methamphetamine.
• Terry J. Long, 58, of Oak Grove Church Road; possession of methamphetamine and maintaining a drug vehicle or dwelling.
• Holly Ann Morris, 39, of Wilderness Trail, Lowgap; possession of methamphetamine.
• Dana Rebecca Owens, 36, of Mid Lane, Mount Airy; with possession of methamphetamine.
• Jesus Martin Perez-Rivas, 40, of Snow Hill Church Circle, Dobson; four counts of rape of a child and four counts of sexual offense of a child.
• Christopher Clifford Pike, 28, of Andra Lane, Mount Airy; obtaining property by false pretense.
• Jimmy Poole, 33, of York Road, Mount Airy; possession/attempted possession of a firearm domestic violence protective order violation, possession of methamphetamine.
• Dylan Jeremiah Pozo, 17, of Broad Street, Mount Airy; conspiracy to sell or deliver marijuana.
• Matthew Isiah Pruitt, 23, of Oak Hill Drive, Mount Airy; conspiracy to sell or deliver a schedule II controlled substance and two counts of possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a schedule II controlled substance.
• Chistopher Mark Simms, 38, of Boone Trail, Purlear; larceny by defeating an anti-theft device, second degree trespass and two counts of misdemeanor larceny.
• Justin Hardy Smith, 32, of Wayne Street; possession of methamphetamine and maintaining a drug vehicle or dwelling.
Reach Terri Flagg at 415-4734.