• A Mount Airy man was arrested Tuesday on fraud and break-in charges, according to city police department reports. Timmy Lee Brannock, 33, of 105 Pentecostal Church Road, was encountered by police at 319 N. Renfro St. and found to be wanted on two felony counts of financial transaction card fraud, felonious breaking and entering of a motor vehicle and misdemeanor larceny, which had all been filed on Aug. 2 Details regarding the charges were not given, with Brannock released on a written promise to appear in Surry District Court on Sept. 21.
• Devin James Norris-McDowell, 19, listed as homeless, was arrested Monday on Newsome Street and charged with resisting, obstructing or delaying a public officer after he was encountered during the investigation of an attempted breaking and entering. Norris-McDowell ran from the scene and was ordered to stop, arrest records state, and was taken into custody after a brief foot pursuit. He was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $2,500 secured bond and is scheduled to be in District Court on Sept. 21.
• Wayne Derrick France, 36, of 321 Eleanor Ave., turned himself in at the police station Monday on felony charges of sale or delivery of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of a Schedule II controlled substance with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver, which had been filed through the Surry County Sheriff’s Office on May 9. An order for arrest also had been issued for France on the same date for two counts of failing to appear in court. He was jailed under a $13,000 secured bond and a $300 cash bond and is to be in court on Aug. 27.
• Heather Renee Moser, 29, of 2248 Zephyr Road, Dobson, was arrested Monday on a felony charge of obtaining property by false pretense, which had been issued on June 16 through the Elkin Police Department. Moser was taken into custody after being encountered at Northern Hospital of Surry County by Mount Airy police who knew of a warrant for her arrest. She was held in the Surry County Jail under a $10,000 secured bond and is slated for a court appearance next Tuesday. Details concerning the false-pretense violation were not given.
On July 3, The News posted a photo of Moser as part of the Surry County Community Corrections’ weekly most wanted list. At that time, the agency said Moser was wanted on a post-release warrant and was on supervision for 30 counts of felony obtaining property by false pretense.
• Philgene Montgomery Jr., 44, of 583 Pell Road, Claudville, Virginia, was arrested last Saturday night during a suspicious-vehicle call on Fancy Gap Road at North Franklin Road. Montgomery was the subject of an outstanding order for arrest for failing to appear in court that had been issued on July 15 and was charged Saturday with possession of methamphetamine, a felony, which resulted from a search subsequent to his arrest. He was jailed under a $1,300 secured bond, with Sept. 29 his District Court date.
• Two men from Cana, Virginia, Richard Joseph Banner, 43, of 381 Old Greenhill Road, and Kevin Lee Humphries, 37, of 182 Horizon Drive, were arrested on drug and other charges after police investigated a larceny call at Walmart on July 17. Both are charged with possession of methamphetamine, a felony; possession of drug paraphernalia; and concealment of merchandise. Arrest records state that Banner owes $142 in restitution to the store and Humphries $37 as a result.
Banner additionally is accused of possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance and simple possession of marijuana. He and Humphries were confined in the Surry County Jail under a $1,000 secured bond each and are scheduled to appear in District Court on Sept. 19.