• A Mount Airy man was arrested Monday night on outstanding warrants for charges filed by Surry County authorities, including a second offense of reconnecting a utility. That violation had been issued against Samuel Davis Holder, 39, of 205 Garden Terrace, on Oct. 17 and he also was the subject of two orders for arrest for failing to appear in court which had been filed on Jan. 11. Holder was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $4,000 secured bond and is scheduled to appear in District Court on March 8.
• Also Monday, a breaking and entering was discovered at South Village Apartments on Carolina Court, where a door was kicked open to gain entry. This caused damage to the frame put at $500, with no property listed as stolen.
• Angela Denise Beck, 42, of 310 Holly Ave., was arrested Friday on warrants for two drug-related felony charges, conspiring to sell or deliver a Schedule II controlled substance and possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a Schedule II controlled substance, along with a misdemeanor offense of filing a false report with a police station. The warrants had been issued Thursday for Beck, who was jailed under a $15,000 secured bond and slated for an April 5 appearance in Surry District Court.
• James Henry Lineback III, 25, of 871 Bryant Road, was arrested on multiple violations on Feb. 9 after a suspicious-person call at Walmart, including larceny, second-degree trespassing (due to earlier being banned from that location), inhaling a toxic vapors substance and a probation violation. Lineback was held in the Surry County Jail under a $5,000 secured bond and is to be in District Court on April 4.
• Two people were arrested on felony charges, breaking and entering and larceny after breaking and entering, on Feb. 7, Robin James Clingenpeel, 23, of 1396 Forrest Drive, and Erica Ann Puckett, 20, of 112 Sweet Tree Lane. The charges against the pair, who were taken into custody at the home of Clingenpeel, had been issued on Feb. 5-6 by Surry County authorities. Both were jailed under a $5,000 secured bond. Their District Court date is March 21.
• A 2005 Dodge Neon owned by Wesley Terry Edwards, 47, of North Franklin Road, was stolen on Feb. 6 from the Walmart parking lot. Police records do not indicate if the car, orange in color and bearing tag number CAH7242, was secured at the time.
• Herbert Watkins Newman Jr., 40, of 215 Barney Venable Road, Pilot Mountain, was arrested on drug and other offenses on Feb. 5 after a traffic stop on Edgewood Drive and Rockford Street.
Newman is charged with possession of methamphetamine, a felony, and six misdemeanors: possession of a concealed weapon, possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance, possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, having an open container of alcohol and displaying fictitious registration. He was held in the Surry County Jail under a $1,000 secured bond and slated for an April 3 court appearance.
• A Humminbird fish finder valued at $1,006 was discovered missing on Feb. 4 from a boat at the home of owner James Darrell Gordon on Gordon Street. The fish finder, black in color, was removed from a mount along with the screws.