Fire breaks out on Slate Road


Four Way Volunteer Fire Department officials work to clear smoke from a home located at 567 Slate Road. At about 3 p.m. on Tuesday officials responded to the fire, which burned multiple holes in the roof of the structure before it was extinguished.


Andy Winemiller | The News

Officials from Duke Energy and the Surry County Fire Marshal’s Office cut the power to a home owned by Tabatha A. Atkins Cox and Patricia H. Deprisco on Slate Road after it caught on fire Tuesday. Bystanders at the scene indicated the home had been uninhabited for some time prior to Tuesday’s blaze.


Andy Winemiller | The News

FLAT ROCK — Four Way Volunteer Fire Department officials responded to a fire on Slate Road Tuesday afternoon.

At about 3 p.m. on Tuesday the department responded to a fire at 567 Slate Road, across the street from River of Life Community Church.

Firefighters had extinguished the blaze, which had burned multiple holes in the roof of the home, by 3:20 p.m.

The property is owned by Tabatha A. Atkins Cox and Patricia H. Deprisco, and the structure was valued at about $41,000, according to Surry County tax records.

However, bystanders at the scene indicated the home had been uninhabited for some time prior to Tuesday.

Four Way Volunteer Fire Department officials work to clear smoke from a home located at 567 Slate Road. At about 3 p.m. on Tuesday officials responded to the fire, which burned multiple holes in the roof of the structure before it was extinguished.
http://mtairynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/web1_SlateRdFire1.jpgFour Way Volunteer Fire Department officials work to clear smoke from a home located at 567 Slate Road. At about 3 p.m. on Tuesday officials responded to the fire, which burned multiple holes in the roof of the structure before it was extinguished. Andy Winemiller | The News

Officials from Duke Energy and the Surry County Fire Marshal’s Office cut the power to a home owned by Tabatha A. Atkins Cox and Patricia H. Deprisco on Slate Road after it caught on fire Tuesday. Bystanders at the scene indicated the home had been uninhabited for some time prior to Tuesday’s blaze.
http://mtairynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/web1_SlateRdFire2.jpgOfficials from Duke Energy and the Surry County Fire Marshal’s Office cut the power to a home owned by Tabatha A. Atkins Cox and Patricia H. Deprisco on Slate Road after it caught on fire Tuesday. Bystanders at the scene indicated the home had been uninhabited for some time prior to Tuesday’s blaze. Andy Winemiller | The News
comments powered by Disqus