The Surry County Sheriff’s Office has reported the following arrests:
• On Aug. 8, Shannon Wall, 38, of Ararat Road in Ararat, was arrested and charged with one count of assault inflicting serious bodily injury. She was booked into the Surry County Jail and released on a written promise to appear in court.
• On Aug. 8, Alexis Torres Garcia, 20, of Tesh Street in Mount Airy, was arrested and charged with two counts of larceny and one count of felony obtaining property by false pretense. He was released from the Surry County Jail under a written promise to appear in court.
• On Aug. 9, Joshua Shannon Haley, 33, of Susan Lane in Lowgap, was arrested and charged with the larceny of a firearm and the larceny of a motor vehicle. He was booked into the Surry County Jail under a $20,000 secured bond.
• On Aug. 10, Marcello Pedraza Chavez, 33, with a listed address of the Starlite Motel, was arrested and charged with one count each of attempted breaking and entering and obstruction of justice. He was booked into the Surry County Jail under a $2,500 unsecured bond.
The following incidents are under investigation by the Surry County Sheriff’s Office:
• On Aug. 11, Terry Gay Holt, 52, of Lebanon Street in Mount Airy, reported that someone broke into property located on Pine Street in Mount Airy and damaged a gate on a porch and a set of stairs. The damage was valued at $30.
• On Aug. 11, Robert Lee West Jr., 52, of Glendale Drive in Fairview, Ohio, reported that someone broke into his vehicle while it was located in a parking lot in Elkin, and stole a set of golf clubs. The items taken were valued at more than $1,440.
• On Aug. 10, Pauline Elizabeth Creed, 76, of Creed Road in Ararat, reported that someone broke a window in her home and attempted to pry open a door. The damage was valued at $300.
• On Aug. 10, Stephani Watts Simmons, 43, of Dearland Lane in Mount Airy, reported that someone attempted to break into her home. No damage was listed as a result of the incident.
• On Aug. 9, Wesley Terry Edwards, 43, of North Franklin Road in Mount Airy, reported that someone attempted to break into his home. Damage to a door sustained in the incident was valued at $300.
• On Aug. 9, Kenneth Edward Morris, 66, of Wilderness Trail in Lowgap, reported that someone stole a steering column and a steering wheel belonging to a 1960 Impala. The parts were valued at $1,000.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices