Authors featured during Autumn Leaves Festival
by By John Peters
Several authors will be signing books and participating in other related activities during Autumn Leaves Days. Here is a list of several who will be in town during that time.
* Jane Tesh will be signing copies of her newest mystery novel, “Now You See It,” at Pages Books and Coffee, 235 N. Main St., on Saturday beginning at noon.
* Sarah Martin Byrd, of Elkin, will be previewing her book, “The Manger Mouse,” as well as her first two novels, “Guardian Spirit” and “The Color of My Heart.”
* Author Daniel Morton will be signing copies of his book, “Eyes of the Ocean,” from noon to 4 p.m. on Friday at Pages Books and Coffee.
The book promo supplied by the author reads “Jim Fender has it all—a house on the beach, a beautiful wife, a loving daughter, and a business deal that promises to make him extremely wealthy. He is on top of the world… But that’s all about to change.”
* Local Author Tom Perry will be at Talley’s Frame Shop during Autumn Leaves Festival in Oct. 11-13 on Main Street signing books in conjunction with the release of his book on Mount Airy and Surry County in the Civil War, his newly revised “Beyond Mayberry: A Memoir of Andy Griffith and Mount Airy,” and newly revised “Images of Mount Airy North Carolina” as part of the Mayberry Days celebration in Mount Airy, North Carolina. All three books cost $19.99 each.
In his latest book, Perry, a local historian as well as an author, tells stories about Mount Airy and Surry County in the Civil War. Chapters include J. E. B. Stuart, Stoneman’s Raid, J. H. Carter, Who Shot John Reynolds, the sons of the Siamese Twins in the War Between the States, and the home front during the hostilities.
“This is the first in a series of books from Laurel Hill Publishing LLC about North Carolina’s role in the War Between the States with a connection to Mount Airy and Surry County,” he said.
* Author Tom Coiro will be signing copies of his book “Becoming God’s Billboard in 117 Days” on Saturday at Pages Books and Coffee, from 10 a.m. until noon.
Reach at or 336-719-1931.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices