by By Tom Joyce
• A Dobson man is facing five charges, including hit and run and driving while impaired, as the result of a weekend incident, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. Gregory Bret Hodges, 20, of 115 Holy Ground Way, was encountered by police in the parking lot of WilcoHess on Rockford Street during a report of the hit and run incident, for which details were not listed.
Hodges subsequently was arrested for DWI, and in addition to that and hit and run he is accused of careless and reckless driving, possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance (alprazolam) and possession of drug paraphernalia. Hodges was held in the Surry County Jail under a $2,000 secured bond after his Saturday arrest and is scheduled to appear in District Court on Dec. 2.
• Christopher Allen Slate, 36, of 204 Oaklawn Road, was jailed Saturday after being encountered during a theft call at Walmart. In addition to violations of larceny and possession of stolen goods that were filed against Slate as a result, police discovered an outstanding order for arrest on him for failing to pay fines in a previous case, which was issued on June 20. Slate was held in the Surry County Jail under a $310 cash bond, and is to be in court on Nov. 17.
• Patricia Ray Duncan, 57, of Blu-Vue Welcome Lodge, was charged with driving while impaired Friday after an investigation of a traffic crash on U.S. 52 near Bluemont Road, for which other details were not listed. Duncan was issued a citation on the charge after being taken to Northern Hospital of Surry County and is free on a written promise to appear in Surry District Court on Dec. 9.
• Patricia Ruth Branson, 21, of 174 W. Pine St., was cited for larceny Thursday after allegedly taking clothing valued at $28 from Poppy’s on Moore Avenue. A Dec. 12 court date was set for Branson.
• A break-in discovered last Wednesday at the home of Effie Elizabeth Mills on Dyson Place Road resulted in the theft of a gold tear drop diamond ring and a gold wedding band valued altogether at $650. A secured door was forced open to gain entry, causing estimated damage of $50.
• Regina Kennedy Barbour, 53, of 551 E. Jackson Road Extension was cited for allowing a dog to run at large last Wednesday. The animal had strayed off Barbour’s property and she was advised to keep it tied or on a leash at all times. Barbour is scheduled to be in District Court on Dec. 11.
• Labrica Marki Revels, 27, of 316 Galloway St., was served with a criminal summons last Wednesday for allegedly failing to return rental property, which was issued earlier this month with Leisure Tyme Rentals on West Pine Street as the complainant. Revels’ court date is Nov. 15.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices