• A Mount Airy man was jailed Wednesday on two felony charges stemming from an investigation of a stolen utility trailer and mower, according to city police department reports. Allan Ray Scott Jr., 44, of 228 Fairview Ave., is accused of felonious larceny and possession of stolen property, with no information listed as to who owns the utility trailer and mower and the value of those items. Scott was confined in the Surry County Jail and slated for an Aug. 6 appearance in District Court.
• A felonious larceny of portable media players and pocket computers valued at $1,500 occurred Tuesday at Walmart, with two unknown suspects removing the items from a locked case after gaining access with a key. Apple iPod Nano and Touch products were taken, 38 items in all.
• Copper was discovered missing Monday from a break-in at a business location on East Bluemont Road, where a building was broken into to enable the theft. No value was listed for the copper, with Sherman Brandon Widener of Dobson the victim of the crime.
• Shamal Niquan Cox, 17, of 152 Sheets Park Lane, No. 10, was arrested Monday on East Lebanon Street and charged with larceny and possession of undisclosed drug paraphernalia after police were dispatched to a theft in progress. After a brief investigation, Cox allegedly admitted taking a bicycle and was held in the Surry County Jail under a $1,500 secured bond. He is scheduled to be in District Court on Sept. 3.
• Salley Katelyn Denny, 24, of 205 Reid Denny Way, Pilot Mountain, was cited for larceny Saturday at Walmart, involving greeting cards and pictures valued at $22. Denny is scheduled to be in court next Wednesday.
• A license plate, number CHT4185, was discovered missing Saturday from a 1997 Chevrolet Blazer owned by Candy Lovill Jones of Siloam Road. The crime occurred at a residential location on Allred Mill Road.
• A break-in last Friday at the home of Mary Ann Harold on Austin Drive, where entry was gained via an unsecured window, resulted in the theft of a white and brown purse, two wallets, an undisclosed sum of cash, a Wells Fargo debit card, a Capital One credit card, the victim’s Social Security card and birth certificate and medications.
• James Michael McCreary, 23, of 113 Jessica Lane, is facing violations of restricting, obstructing or delaying a public officer; disorderly conduct; and possession of drug paraphernalia stemming from an incident last Friday night in the parking lot of Staples on Rockford Street. Police encountered McCreary in reference to an undisclosed city ordinance violation and he allegedly continued to shout in the parking lot and attempted to pull away while being placed under arrest.
A probable-cause search of McCreary’s vehicle, triggered by a police dog, also turned up a smoking device, spoon with burned residue and syringe, police records show. McCreary is free on a written promise to appear in Surry District Court next Tuesday.
• License plate number PTD4879 was discovered missing last Friday from a 1992 bus-type vehicle owned by the local VFW Post 2019 Memorial Honor Guard. The theft occurred at the post headquarters.