The following incidents are under investigation by the Surry County Sheriff’s Office:
• On July 4, Brandon Charles Hutchens, 23, of Anderson Road in Siloam, reported that someone broke into his out building and stole two chain saws and various lawn equipment. The items taken were valued at $350.
• On July 4, Mickey Dean Venable, 67, of Siloam Road in Mount Airy, reported that someone removed a gas tank from his lawn mower. The gas tank was valued at $100.
• On July 5, Jonathan Neal Combs, 23, of Shoppe Lane in Lambsburg, Virginia, reported that someone took a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee from a county campground. The vehicle was valued at $6,000, according to police.
• On July 5, employees at S&S Repair, located on Poplar Springs Road in State Road, reported that someone broke into their business and stole U.S. currency valued at $125. Damage sustained during the incident was valued at $600.
• On July 6, Jason Chris Hoyle, 49, of Smith Lane in Mount Airy, reported that someone damaged the paint on the hood of his Jeep Cherokee. The damage sustained during the incident was valued at $500.
• On July 6, Judy Holley Trent, 62, of Cracker’s Neck Road in Pilot Mountain, reported that someone damaged the front bumper on her vehicle. Police estimated the damage at $100.
• On July 6, Stephen Hollis Chilton, 60, of Cook Road in Pilot Mountain, reported that someone took two drills from a shed on his property. The drills were valued at $700, according to police.
• On July 6, William Duke Shelton, 87, of Hardwood Trail in Mount Airy, reported that someone removed four metal chairs and a metal sawhorse from his porch. The items taken were valued at $300, according to police.