The following incidents are under investigation by the Surry County Sheriff’s Office:
• On August 3, Timothy Dean Taylor, 51, of Wild Turkey Lane in Elkin, reported the theft of a 2006 Ford F-250 pickup valued at 5,400.
• On August 3, Freddy Dean Smith, 69, of Old Westfield Road in Pilot Mountain, reported the theft of a Stihl weedeater valued at $100.
• On August 2, Michael Scott Steckler, 47, of Madelia Place in Mooresville, reported that someone broke into a home he owns on Little Bend Trail in Elkin and stealing various lawn equipment, copper wiring and a can of gasoline. The items taken were valued at $800.
• On August 2, Virginia Mae Starbuck, 88, of Mount Zion Road in Pinnacle, reported that someone kicked in her front door and rummaged through her home. Nothing was reported missing, but damage to the door was valued at $500.
• On August 2, Susan Marie Haynes, 51, of Elon Way in Mount Airy, reported that someone stole her wallet and a bottle of Xanax. The items taken were valued at $76.
• On August 2, Jessie James Baker, 60, of Crosswinds Court in Mount Airy, reported that someone used his personal information to secure an auto insurance policy.
• On August 2, John Brandon McHone, 34, of Oak Ridge Drive in Mount Airy, reported that someone broke into his residence and stole a Bazooka subwoofer valued at $300.
• On August 1, Judy Ann Glove, 63, of Kittyhawk Road in Mooresville, reported that someone was using her credit card to pay a cell phone bill.