The Surry County Sheriff’s Office has reported the following arrests:
• On Oct. 2, Kristie Michelle Krantz, 37, of North Academy Street in Pilot Mountain, was arrested and charged with two counts of financial card theft and two counts of attempted credit card fraud.
• On Oct. 2, Terry Wayburn Johnson, 52, of Splendor Lane in Mount Airy, was arrested and charged with being a fugitive from justice and the possession of methamphetamine. He was booked into the Surry County Jail under a $25,000 bond.
• On Oct. 6, Corey Dale Jones, 20, of South Main Street in Mount Airy, was arrested and charged with breaking and entering a vehicle, felony larceny and larceny after breaking and entering. He was booked into the Surry County Jail under a $2,500 bond.
The following incidents are under investigation by the Surry County Sheriff’s Office:
• On Oct. 14, Ray Lee Edmonds, 70, of Locklear Street in Mount Airy, reported that someone entered his home, assaulted him and took purses valued at 20. The suspect reportedly also took Edmonds’ keys.
• On Oct. 13, Frances Goins Hill, 44, of Riverside Drive in Mount Airy, reported that someone attempted to break into her home. Damage to a window screen was valued at $45.
• On Oct. 13, Michael Ronald Thompson, 58, of Riverside Drive in Mount Airy, reported the breaking and entering of his home. Damage to his home was listed at $1,250. Nothing was reported missing in the incident.
• On Oct. 12, Billy Lee Bowman, 67, of Damascus Way in Mount Airy, reported the larceny of various items from his home, including several knives, guns and prescription medication. The items stolen were valued at more than $2,000.
• On Oct. 12, employees at Swift Realty of Elkin reported the attempted arson of their business. Damage in the attempt was listed at $6,300.
• On Oct. 12, Michelle Lynn Searles, 26, of York Road in Mount Airy, reported that someone stole a blue Pit Bull puppy valued at $1,500.
• On Oct. 12, Ashley Noelle Semones, 25, of Summit Drive in Mount Airy, reported the theft of a license plate from her 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt. The plate was valued at $28.
• On Oct. 12, employees of Bill’s Auto Sales of Westfield Road in Westfield, reported the burglary of their building and the larceny of a welder and space heater. The items taken were valued at $430.
• On Oct. 11, Mary Kathryn Collins, 34, of Glen Terrace in Mount Airy, reported the larceny of a television and damage to a door caused during a break-in. The television was valued at $550.