• Amber Renee Schneider, 49, of 797 W. Lebanon St., has been arrested on two felony charges, obtaining property by false pretense and larceny of chose in action, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. The latter violation typically relates to the alleged theft of items such as checks or other financial instruments and using them for unauthorized transactions. Police records did not list the name of the victim(s) in this case.
Schneider was located on South Main Street Friday and served with warrants on the charges that had been issued on Feb. 20. She also was charged with possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance for having alprazolam at the time of her arrest. Schneider was held in the Surry County Jail under a $6,000 secured bond and is scheduled to be in District Court on March 26.
• Stacey Lee Phillips, 30, of the Blu-Vue Motel, was cited for larceny last Wednesday for allegedly taking ground beef and hamburger rolls valued at $16 the day before from Food Lion on West Pine Street. A May 15 District Court date was set for Phillips, who has been banned from Food Lion.
• Lucretta Denise Roberson, 53, of 303 Orchard St., No. 1, was charged with breaking and entering last Wednesday after a call at Robert’s Auto Service Center. Roberson was located a short distance away from that business on West Lebanon Street, where she was found with pliers and wrenches and cited for the alleged crime. She is to appear in Surry District Court on April 22.
• Steven Marcus Mayes, 18, of 1846 Epworth Church Road, Cana, Va., was charged with possession of methamphetamine, a felony, and possession of marijuana on Feb. 23 after police encountered him during a traffic-crash investigation on U.S. 52 near Starlite Road. Mayes also was in possession of items found to have been stolen from Northern Hospital of Surry County, arrest records show, but no charges were listed in connection with that. He was held in the Surry County Jail in lieu of a $2,500 secured bond on the drug violations and scheduled for a March 26 District Court appearance.
• A Feb. 23 license check at the U.S. 52/Carter Street intersection led to Windy Renae Taylor, 37, of 440 Simpson Mill Road, being served with a criminal summons for a school attendance law violation that had been filed in February 2011. Taylor’s court date is March 20.
• Dennis George Boehm, 51, of Fries, Va., was arrested on a felony charge, obtaining property by false pretense, on Feb. 22 after an investigation of a theft at Walmart. Boehm was jailed under a $2,500 secured bond and is slated to be in court on March 26.