• A Mount Airy man was jailed under a $98,000 secured bond early Monday after a traffic stop revealed he was wanted on outstanding charges including orders for arrest for 12 counts of failing to appear in court.
Christopher Loyd Cox, 31, of 410 Broad St., was arrested on South Main Street at East Wilson Street. In addition to the warrants for failing to appear, which had been issued on May 12, Cox was wanted on two counts of non-payment of child support, no dates given, and a charge of assault on a female issued last Oct. 25.
New violations filed against him this week include hit and run, driving while license revoked, speeding, two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and carrying a concealed weapon, a handgun. Cox is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on July 11.
• Cory Matthew Meredith, 23, of 850 Wisler Drive, Cana, Virginia, was charged Sunday with attempting breaking and entering of Gates Pharmacy on North South Street. Meredith also is accused of carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a Schedule III controlled substance, possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance and possession of marijuana paraphernalia. Dosage units of the drugs sobodone and clonazepam were seized during the arrest. Meredith was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $5,000 secured bond and slated for a July 19 District Court appearance.
• Donna Bowman Ulrich, 48, of Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, was charged with driving while impaired early Sunday after allegedly travelling south in the northbound portion of U.S. 52. Ulrich’s blood-alcohol level was determined to be twice the legal limit after she was stopped near the Greenhill Road intersection. She was released under a $1,000 secured bond to appear in Surry District Court on July 27.
• Justin Glenn Wright, 27, of 118 Randy Lane, was arrested Friday on charges of larceny, possession of stolen goods and resisting a public officer. He was taken into custody on Willow Street near Independence Boulevard in reference to a larceny call at an unspecified location where items valued at $39 had been taken. The property was recovered and Wright was held in the Surry County Jail under a $1,000 secured bond. He is to be in court on July 18.
• Shania Morique Wright, 18, of 372 Gravely St., was arrested last Wednesday at McDonald’s on North Andy Griffith Parkway on a warrant for an offense of larceny by employee, a felony, and also was charged with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer. Wright was jailed under a $1,000 secured bond and is scheduled to be in District Court on July 12.
• Eddie Ray Collins, 38, of 225 Alleghany Lane, Pilot Mountain, was arrested on June 14 on charges of possession of a Schedule II controlled substance (methamphetamine), a felony, and possession of drug paraphernalia. The charges resulted from a probation search of a 1988 Nissan pickup at the local probation office on State Street. Collins was confined in the county jail under a $5,000 secured bond and slated for a July 27 court appearance.