DOBSON — Robert Walter Smith, 44, of Old Highway 601, Mount Airy, was arrested Oct. 12 and charged with seven counts of obtaining property by false pretense, on warrants issued by the Mount Airy Police Department. Smith was booked into the Surry County Detention Center under a $5,000 secured bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 15.
• Thomas Brock, of Hawks Drive, Cana, Virginia, made a report to the Surry County Sheriff’s Office on Oct. 18 that power service at property on Hardin Mill Road, Dobson, had been tampered with or manipulated. The Surry Yadkin Electric Company was listed on the report as the victim. An unknown amount of kilowatts valued at $2 were listed as stolen.
• Ricky Lee Vannoy, of Phipps Road, Sparta, reported a burglary and larceny at a residence on Black Mountain Road, in Pilot Mountain. According to the Oct. 18 report, a lock was cut and a saw, drill and grinder valued at $530 total were stolen.
• A lawn mower was reported stolen on Oct. 18 by Roger Chilton, of Pinnacle Hotel Road. The mower was valued at $800.
• Brandon Shaw, of Mill Street, Pinnacle, reported a larceny of building materials. According to the Oct. 17 report, six full sheets of 3/4-inch plywood, valued at $100, were stolen.
• Stephanie Wurm, of Cedar Ridge Road, Mount Airy, reported that a female suspect trespassed on the property and took some items. No items were listed stolen on the Oct. 16 report.
• Johnny Money, of Thurmond Road, Thurmond, reported a suspect or suspects attempted to enter the residence through forced entry. No items were listed stolen on the Oct. 13 report.
Reach Terri Flagg at 415-4734.